Determining Your Condo Insurance NeedsMarch 4, 2018
How to Clean Your Hardwood FloorsMarch 8, 2018
If you’re a first-time homeowner, the odds are good you will soon be ready for the fun and responsibility of owning your first dog.
If you’re looking for a pet that suits you and your lifestyle, the pooch experts at Petbreeds.com suggest breeds that are low maintenance, shed minimally, are easily trainable, and get along well with kids and other dogs:
- Labrador retriever. There’s a reason these dogs are among the most popular breeds in the country. Known to be loyal, intelligent, obedient, and easy to train, they are deservedly a top choice, especially if you have, or plan to have children.
- German short-haired pointer. These favorites are also low maintenance dogs that are easy to train. However, they’re also very active and require a lot of exercise to stay healthy, so they’re a good choice for active owners.
- Intelligent and playful companions who like their exercise and don’t require a lot of grooming. If you enjoy long neighborhood walks, these dogs will make the perfect companion.
- Brittany spaniel. These loyal, intelligent pups are popular favorites among first-time pet owners because they’re loving, obedient, and great around children.
- Originally a Hungarian sporting dog, Vizslas are great exercise companions who are affectionate, friendly, and easy to train—and they don’t shed much.
- Like Vizslas, these sleek dogs are a loyal, low-maintenance, easy-to-train breed, but they tend to be shy around children and other dogs.
- Boston terrier. If you’re a couch potato, a Boston terrier may suit you well. These pups are friendly and loyal. They don’t require a lot of exercise, and they won’t shed much on your couch.
- Australian cattle dog. If you’re into cuddling, this breed will greet you with open arms at the end of a long day. They’re a wonderful first dog, easy to train, although they do enjoy regular exercise and require regular grooming.
- German Pinscher. These dogs are active but very obedient, and are especially adorable as puppies. They rarely shed and training them is usually easy and fun.
- These fluffy, adorable little dogs of the Bichon type are one of the most loving and sociable breeds. They may take a little more time to train, but their cheerful demeanor will turn first-time pet owners into dog owners for life.
Are you interested in learning more about real estate? Feel free to contact me directly.